Monday, April 4, 2016

OUGD404 Studio Brief 01 - How do you read? - Printing

Today I went to my local printers to get my leaflet printed out. The printers had a limited amount of stock that all seemed to have a glossy finish, however I was told that I would be able to bring in my own paper. I bought an A3 white matte 270gsm stock but unfortunately when it went through to print it didn't align properly for a double sided print. As my choices were limited as to what to do, due to the colleges print room being booked I was offered the only matte stock they had. This was textured and was also 350gsm but I decided to go for it anyway as I didn't have very many options.




I actually really liked the texture of the paper, it gave the print a more interesting effect.



When looking at my final leaflet more in depth I noticed a mistake within my design that I had previously over looked. Unfortunately one of my images has slightly gone over some text, cutting half a word out. This is a really annoying mistake as it is very small and I am happy with the rest of the print overall. Because of the cost of printing I am unable to afford to reprint it. I am going to learn from my mistake and make sure that I double check my final design before I send it off to get printed as I do not want a repeat of what has happened.


No comments:

Post a Comment